Seea Launches 2014 Collection and Lookbook Video
San Clemente, CA (December 1, 2013) – Seea is pleased to present its 2014 collection, the most comprehensive of the brand to date and the release of the collection video lookbook shot on location in Mainland Mexico.
“Since our very first video lookbook in 2011, we learned from our earliest diehard fans that they love to see graceful ladies in action, living the surf lifestyle & having fun,” said designer and founder of Seea, Amanda Chinchelli. Being at a tropical beach surfing every day is the ultimate dream for any surfer woman so the brand took the Seeababes from California—Mele Saili, Jenayl Peters and Luki O’Keefe—out to Mexico to live it! They met up with local gals Lola Mignot and Lucy Mejia over there and were blessed with magical perfect swell during the trip.
The 2014 lookbook still photography was captured by renowned surf photographer Nick LaVecchia, whose work has appeared in Surfer, Surfing, The Surfer’s Journal, Foam Symmetry and Monster Children magazines to name a few.
Following up on Seea’s pioneering surf suits such as the Hermosa one-piece with feminine sweetheart bust detail, the Swami's one-piece with drop waist shorts and the Leucadia bikini top and high-waist skirt-shorts bottom, the 2014 collection pushes the envelope on fashionable surfwear that’s wipeout-tested.
Highlights of the collection include:
- All Italian luxury nylon/spandex fabrics in UPF rating 30+ to 50+ and custom designed prints.
- Innovative surf one-pieces that deliver the utmost in surf functionality and are fun, feminine and pretty. The Gaviotas one piece combines a neoprene body cut with a modest bottom and nylon/spandex sleeves for easy paddling and sun protection; the athletic Palmas in all nylon/spandex uses slim color-blocking lines and the Belmont romper in stretchy nylon/spandex fabric like a boardshort is a true ready-to-wear and surfwear item in one.
- More surf-tested bikini styles for different body types including: the sporty Monterey top that combines slick neoprene and textured fabric and high-waist bottom, the chic Capitola bralette bikini top with braided detail and cheeky bottom; the Cambria underwire bustier top with adjustable back closure; and the simple go-to Ensenada triangle bikini with cross back closure in Seea’s signature fun colors.
- Updated rashguards and surf shirts including the Sand Dollar fitted long-sleeved rashguard with built-in shelf bra by popular demand; and the featherweight nylon/spandex Montara surf top with a loose drapey fit and high-low hem is unlike any other surf top in the market.
- The multifunctional Calafia surf leggings in fun, one-of-a-kind prints to be worn for sun protection in the water, yogawear, activewear and everyday radness.
The first delivery of styles will be hitting retail stores such as Thalia Surf Shop and Shopbop.com in time for the holidays and will go live on the brand new theseea.com website on December 1.
For more information about the collection or to request interviews with Seea, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fusing the elegance of retro design with modern, innovative cuts, fresh colors, and contemporary prints, Seea makes the most lovely swimsuits, bikinis, rashguards, and wetsuits, striking the perfect balance between function and style. Seea is based in San Clemente, CA and proudly made in the U.S.A.
Download the Presskit here!