Work at Seea: Production Coordinator
ABOUT SEEA //
Seea makes innovative products that redefine the modern women’s surf brand, born from a new cultural era that revives the spirit of surfing for fun and creative expression.
The brand was founded to create high quality, domestically made swimwear that is both technically functional and uniquely stylish for surfing and other water activities. Our goal is for women to enjoy playing in the ocean worry-free, and feel like their natural elegance, beauty and personality is reflected in what they are wearing. Seea is continually challenging the status quo inside and out through business and operation practices that rewards creative problem solving and impeccable execution, while crafting revolutionary designs and inspiring content.
Garment manufacturing is an inherently wasteful process but we believe in making choices that protect natural resources and are socially responsible as much as possible. We love what we do and cultivate a fun working environment that is collaborative, community-oriented, passionate, and inclusive.
POSITION SUMMARY //
Seea, a passion-forward swimwear company, is looking to hire a Full-Time Production Manager to join our family!
The ideal candidate would have top-level organizational skills, leadership and technical expertise that can pilot Seea’s Production department to the next level, as well as a passion for sustainable manufacturing, swimwear, fashion, surfing and apparel manufacturing in general. The primary responsibility of the Production Manager is to coordinate with our design and development department and the factories to ensure timely delivery of product that matches the required design specifications.
As we are a growing company, this forward-thinking position requires a unique mix of traditional production management skills, development knowledge and social responsibility oversight. We do our best to make informed decisions about fabric choice, manufacturing allocation, care and product end of life based on the social and environmental ramifications of its production. The ideal candidate would be focused on increasing efficiency, and have the ability to suggest and implement systematic improvements that take into consideration our sustainable and social responsibility mission.
This is a salaried position, which will depend on your experience and what you bring to the table. Desired salary range should be submitted with your application. Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES //
- Coordinate and negotiate with vendors to source and order raw materials and trims.
- Receive POs in the system and submit invoices to accounting.
- Analyze materials and production steps needed for product designs, prepare detailed cost analyses, and negotiate production costs with factory managers to ensure profitability.
- Communicate with design, development, finance, and sales to ensure that garment can be produced at an acceptable cost.
- Coordinate with factories on technical production and garment engineering details, including production planning, line-setting, line-balancing, and operation breakdown analysis.
- Communicate with factories to resolve problems with fit, construction, and quality control issues.
- Manage production calendar, workload, scheduling, and production work-in-progress to ensure on-time delivery.
- Travel to local vendors weekly.
- Partner with our Supply Chain to implement codes of conduct in the workspace.
- Advise other departments of scheduling plans and production issues.
- Finalize production ready tech packs created by design and development.
- Implement and maintain all information in our PLM system.
- Management of repairs for returns and damaged goods.
- Collaborate with Customer Service to document and analyze damages and returns. Communicate information to design and development.
- Collaborate with Sales to create merchandizing plans for new collections.
- Analysis of marker efficiency to reduce waste on cutting.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS //
- 2-5 years combined production & development experience. Domestic production a plus.
- 2-3 years of specific production management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of garment construction and sampling processes a must.
- Experience with Product Line Management systems (PLM) required.
SKILLS REQUIRED //
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, and solution driven.
- High proficiency with Excel required.
- Working knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop desired.
- Knowledge pattern making and sample sewing a big plus.
- Knowledge of digital pattern making, even better.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) also helpful.
TO APPLY //
Please include a cover letter and email all applications to email@example.com. Thank you for your time and effort!