Work at Seea: Graphic Designer
ABOUT SEEA //
Seea makes innovative products that redefine the modern women’s surf brand, born from a new cultural era that revives the spirit of surfing for fun and creative expression.
The brand was founded to create high quality, domestically made swimwear that is both technically functional and uniquely stylish for surfing and other water activities. Our goal is for women to enjoy playing in the ocean worry-free, and feel like their natural elegance, beauty and personality is reflected in what they are wearing. Seea is continually challenging the status quo inside and out through business and operation practices that rewards creative problem solving and impeccable execution, while crafting revolutionary designs and inspiring content.
Garment manufacturing is an inherently wasteful process but we believe in making choices that protect natural resources and are socially responsible as much as possible. We love what we do and cultivate a fun working environment that is collaborative, community-oriented, passionate, and inclusive.
POSITION SUMMARY //
Seea, a passion-forward swimwear company, is hiring a full-time marketing-focused Graphic Designer to join our family in San Clemente, CA.
The ideal candidate would have a creative point of view and technical expertise in graphic design in a range of mediums (print catalog, print editorial, digital e-commerce, retail POP, trade show graphics) as well as a passion for swimwear, fashion, and surfing. The primary responsibility of our graphic designer is to strategize with our apparel design and marketing teams on the execution of our seasonal lookbooks, digital marketing campaigns, e-commerce image management, and various other marketing assets for B2B and B2C purposes across all channels. The ideal candidate would understand our target consumer and be able to compellingly and cohesively communicate the values and aesthetic of the brand through graphic design.
As we are a growing company, this forward-thinking position requires a unique mix of traditional graphic design skills, basic html and e-commerce knowledge, and creative problem solving to manage a range of duties under short timelines.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES //
- Work closely with design, photographer, sales, and marketing to oversee assets post-production workflow.
- Collaborate with design, sales, and marketing to create B2B sales tools such as seasonal look books, annual editorial magazine, and presentations.
- Maintain brand style guidelines, while contributing quality, forward-thinking, creative ideas in graphics, typography and other design assets that elevate the presentation of the brand.
- Contribute creative concepts and execute graphic design of marketing campaigns across all digital channels (designing and uploading emails to marketing service, creating web banners and e-comm graphics, testing UX and uploading to site, creating social media images, creating digital ads).
- Work with web developer to design campaign landing pages.
- Understand our target audience needs and other motivating factors relating to user experience; translate those needs and motivations into concepts for compelling interactions and experiences and execute the concepts to produce finished working solutions.
- Photo post-production including color correcting, retouching, resizing and cropping lifestyle and studio images for catalog, ecommerce sales, blog and social media.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team to design and concept in-store visuals, window displays and build-outs for retail stores.
- Create advertisements for print magazines and web banners.
- Create fliers for events and seasonal marketing campaigns.
- Assist in the development of marketing presentations using PowerPoint, or InDesign PDF documents
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS //
- 5 years minimum of related professional experience.
- 5 years of experience within a creative environment of related product.
- Graphic design experience at a brand that sells via wholesale and a direct to consumer e-commerce store
- Bachelors Degree in Design or related field.
SKILLS REQUIRED //
- Strong proficiency in design tools and office apps: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Lightroom, Capture One, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word.
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS.
- Expertise in typography, photography, print production.
- Strong project management skills, time management, organizational skills, multi-tasking skills, and interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy.
- Attention to Detail is a must.
- Strong eye for layout and composition.
- Desire to be a team player.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and hit deadlines. Excellent, diverse portfolio exemplifying your work and proven record of idea generation, conceptualizing, and visual execution.
- Strong design point of view.
- Basic video editing knowledge and video post-production a plus (Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Affects).
TO APPLY //
Please include a cover letter and email all applications to email@example.com. Thank you for your time and effort!