Work at Seea
FULL-TIME MARKETING FOCUSED GRAPHIC DESIGNER
The ideal candidate would have a creative point of view and technical expertise in graphic design in a range of mediums (print catalog, print editorial, digital e-commerce, retail POP, trade show graphics) as well as a passion for swimwear, fashion, and surfing. The primary responsibility of our graphic designer is to strategize with our apparel design and marketing teams on the execution of our seasonal lookbooks, digital marketing campaigns, e-commerce image management, and various other marketing assets for B2B and B2C purposes across all channels. The ideal candidate would understand our target consumer and be able to compellingly and cohesively communicate the values and aesthetic of the brand through graphic design.
As we are a growing company, this forward thinking position requires a unique mix of traditional graphic design skills, basic html and e-commerce knowledge, and creative problem solving to manage a range of duties under short timelines.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES //
- Work closely with design, photographer, sales, and marketing to oversee assets post-production workflow.
- Collaborate with design, sales, and marketing to create B2B sales tools such as seasonal look books, annual editorial magazine, and presentations.
• Maintain brand style guidelines, while contributing quality, forward-thinking, creative ideas in graphics, typography and other design assets that elevate the presentation of the brand.
• Contribute creative concepts and execute graphic design of marketing campaigns across all digital channels (designing and uploading emails to marketing service, creating web banners and e-comm graphics, testing UX and uploading to site, creating social media images, creating digital ads).
- Work with web developer to design campaign landing pages.
• Understand our target audience needs and other motivating factors relating to user experience; translate those needs and motivations into concepts for compelling interactions and experiences and execute the concepts to produce finished working solutions.
• Photo post-production including color correcting, retouching, resizing and cropping lifestyle and studio images for catalog, ecommerce sales, blog and social media.
• Collaborate with sales and marketing team to design and concept in-store visuals, window displays and build-outs for retail stores.
• Create advertisements for print magazines and web banners.
• Create fliers for events and seasonal marketing campaigns.
• Assist in the development of marketing presentations using PowerPoint, or InDesign PDF documents
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS //
• 5 years minimum of related professional experience.
• 5 years of experience within a creative environment of related product.
• Graphic design experience at a brand that sells via wholesale and a direct to consumer e-commerce store
• Bachelors Degree in Design or related field.
SKILLS REQUIRED //
• Strong proficiency in design tools and office apps: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Lightroom, Capture One, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word.
• Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS.
• Expertise in typography, photography, print production.
• Strong project management skills, time management, organizational skills, multi-tasking skills, and interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy.
• Attention to Detail is a must.
• Strong eye for layout and composition.
• Desire to be a team player.
• Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and hit deadlines.
• Excellent, diverse portfolio exemplifying your work and proven record of idea generation, conceptualizing, and visual execution.
• Strong design point of view.
Basic video editing knowledge and video post-production a plus (Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Affects).
AWESOME PERKS //
• Inspiring team of smart, fun, creative, stylish, and adventurous surfer women
• Community-oriented and collaborative company culture
• Free CA State Parks pass for all employees (SAN-O anyone?)
• SEEA swimsuit stipend
• Great office location
TO APPLY //
Desired compensation rate / salary range should be submitted with your application. Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered.
Cover letter and portfolio examples are mandatory. Please submit cover letter, portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview: Manage brand creative direction, art direction, marketing direction, and values through all touchpoints.
- Develop marketing strategies, brand campaign concepts, strategic partnerships, and new business initiatives: identify new opportunities, outline goals and objectives, develop creative briefs, manage budget, and execute on website, social media, and retail partners.
- Work with design, sales, and marketing to analyze Seea e-comm and wholesale sales data and customer engagement data. Apply insights into strategy and solutions.
Responsibilities: Marketing Direction and Content Production Management
- Develop marketing calendar and strategic goals for the year.
- Strategize all content on the website homepage (hero banner selection, featured content), collection pages and landing pages. Execute calendar of refreshing content.
- Coordinate with sales and design to compile shot lists and creative briefs for campaign photo shoots and oversee photo shoot production.
- Work closely with in-house photographer on immediate campaign imagery concepts.
- Develop Seea ambassador and contributor “special trip” pitches: evaluate the pitch, define list of deliverables, shot list, rate package, deadlines.
- Create landing page strategy for campaigns. Direct graphic designer on assets to be created, and digital marketing consultant on technical tools.
- Work with sales/marketing to identify areas to reduce friction to shopping cart and optimize shopping experience. Research apps and solutions. Coordinate with web designer to customize apps and solutions and oversee implementation on the site.
- Manage copywriter and all copy needs.
- Creative direction, art direction and assets management
- Oversee allocation of lifestyle photos (approval, ratings) to website and all marketing channels.
- Oversee product lifestyle videos and campaign videos approval and upload to the website and all marketing channels.
- Coordinate newsletter content wireframe package to graphic designer and copywriter and oversee production to approval. Hand off final package for deployment.
- Field photographer one-off photo pitches and review images submitted. Negotiate rate and usages, and implement images into sales and marketing channels.
- Press & strategic partnerships
- Responding to press requests, coordinating image and interview requests, updating Press list on Infusionsoft, document and scan press clippings and add to website.
- Evaluate and coordinate product and gift card donations for charity events, and other marketing opportunities.
- Social media management
- Coordinate with social media manager on any marketing campaign assets and messaging for Instagram.
- Evaluate rate for reposts as needed and coordinate with photographer for invoicing.
- Website relaunch project management
- Work with sales to research and analyze current site user behavior. Identify areas of friction and work with Web designer on UX to implement solutions.
- Point person for web designer, web developer and Seea to prototype and test designs. Manage timeline to launch and oversee back-end transitioning of assets.
- Oversee production of annual Seea magazine
- Work with Magazine Editor to assign stories, manage the budget, timeline, coordinate with graphic designer on creative direction and execution through to printer.
TO APPLY //
Please submit your brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com