The Seea 2016 Collection Breaks Boundaries of Stylish Performance Surfwear
San Clemente, CA (December 15, 2015)– Seea is pleased to present its 2016 collection — the brand's most ambitious and risk-taking assortment yet that continues to redefine the boundaries of surfwear. This season, Seea expanded and diversified its offerings to include more on-trend fashion swimsuits in addition to the brand’s stylish performance surf suits — all of which possess Seea’s signature look of modern vintage elegance, fun original prints, and flattering silhouettes.
For the 2016 collection, designer Amanda Chinchelli was inspired by the eclectic colors and patterns worn by native tribal women in Panama.
“It started with an image of a tribe in Panama. The women combined super geometric beads on their ankles and arms, tie-dye wrap skirts and floral, ethnic print tops. For the 2016 collection, I wanted to use all sorts of those fun, tropical, and eclectic prints together. Seea always combines geometric with organic prints but this time I wanted it to be an even stronger juxtaposition of prints and even brighter colors.” – Seea designer, Amanda Chinchelli
Highlights of the new collection include:
- The introduction of a special polyester/spandex C-Skin — short for “Comfort Skin” —fabric for Seea’s top performance surf suits. In a weight and thickness that resembles an ultra lightweight 0.5mm neoprene, C-Skin’s knit construction is breathable, moisture-wicking and lays silky smooth and flat against the skin for the most flattering shape.
- Surf one-pieces that deliver the utmost in surf functionality and style: The Solanas features an on-trend lace-up neckline in a surf-friendly long-sleeved one-piece. The Santander is a unique silhouette that pairs a blousey draped top with a fitted high-waist bottom. The yoga and dance-inspired Nazare Bodysuit in C-Skin features cut-out sides with long legs and bright trim — a statement Long Jane for warm summer waters.
- Elegant One-Pieces that balance modesty and sensuality: The Anglet One-Piece’s strappy back detail and seamless edges is thoroughly modern and at home on rooftop pools as well as the beach. The Lido One-Piece in C-Skin with high neck and deep-V back epitomizes understated simplicity.
- Modest, yet still stylishly sexy bikinis made to handle rigorous water activities: The surprisingly sturdy Tabatinga Bikini with a deep-V front and belted bottom and The Samara Bikini with simple cross back top and high-waist bottom both balance coverage, function and fashion.
- New rashguards and tops in T-shirt silhouettes. We’re out to reinvent the rashguard with cool, looser silhouettes. The Miramar Tee is the perfect boxy crop T-shirt in a UPF water-friendly swim fabric. The Chia Top is a draped, yet lean top with a little more coverage in the ¾ sleeves and long body. The fun Tres Palmas Crop Top is similar to our best-selling Palomar long-sleeved crop top — without the sleeves — and holds a structured form thanks to the C-Skin fabric.
The collection was shot in historic Panama City, and reef breaks between scattered islands off the raw coast of Panama. The contrasting locations perfectly illustrate the romantic nostalgic elegance, yet playfully bright and eclectic spirit of the collection.
The first delivery of styles will be hitting retail stores such as Thalia Surf Shop and Shopbop.com in time for the holidays and is live on theseea.com now.
Please email: email@example.com to gain access link to download these additional assets:
- Press Release PDF
- Introduction to new C-Skin fabric PDF
- 2016 Inspiration PDF
- 2016 lookbook studio shots of entire collection
- Lifestyle images photographed by Nick LaVecchia and Dylan Gordon. Photographer is credited in image name.
For more information about the collection, to request additional imagery, samples for upcoming shoots or interviews with Seea, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fusing the elegance of retro design with modern, innovative cuts, fresh colors, and contemporary prints, Seea makes the most lovely swimsuits, bikinis, rashguards, and wetsuits, striking the perfect balance between function and style. Seea is based in San Clemente, CA and proudly made in the U.S.A. Visit theseea.com to view full collections.